Essential Duties and ResponsibiliesThe essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Responsible for the overall profitability of assigned store. Helps develop forecasts/ budgets and ensures that they are followed.
- Develops personal relationships with regular counter customers.
- Identifies and fulfills customer product and/or service requirements; fabricates custom hose assemblies.
- Coordinates pick-up transactions at the counter including locating and pulling orders as required.
- Performs computer data entry related to all areas of ParkerStore operations.
- Handles all material management functions in store including ordering, transferring, stock receipts and item put-away. Responsible for maintaining stock levels and inventory accuracy.
- Delivers and picks up materials as needed.
- Maintains showroom appearance, assists in creating new displays and implementing related marketing programs.
- Maintains balance of cash drawer and prepares receipts for bank deposit; properly executes Visa/Mastercard procedures.
- Responsible for opening and closing the store (may be required to perform after-hours service when necessary).
- Helps recruit, interview and select candidates for new counter sales specialist positions.
- Properly trains staff members in the all aspects of their job; adequately prepares and develops store personnel for possible advancement or promotions in future.
- Schedules all store personnel to maximize customer satisfaction while adhering to the policies and procedures outlined in company handbook.
- Conducts regular performance evaluations for all direct reports.
- This individual supervises the counter sales personnel.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience – High School diploma or GED and five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations and proportions to practical situations.
- Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should have typing experience and basic computer skills.
- Other Qualifications
- Must be willing to work overtime, including weekends and holidays. Must be willing to attend in-house and external product and sales training as required.
- Must be willing to attend in-house and external product and sales training as required.
- Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Valid driver’s license required and good driving record.
- Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate