Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and prioritizes daily shipping orders;
- Pulls all parts and fabricates hose assemblies and other components if necessary;
- If required, calls the freight carrier and completes any carrier paperwork;
- Loads and unloads trucks. Inspects containers and material and reports any damage or missing items.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weights, and measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify bills of lading, invoices, orders, etc.;
- Determines method of shipment;
- Preps packed boxes (affixes labels, assembles containers, packages the boxes, binds, tapes and stamps identifying information onto the containers, weighs and calculates shipping charges, etc.);
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify any shortages;
- Routes items to appropriate location;
- Examines outgoing shipments;
- Operates forklift to move, convey or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform (we do provide internal training for forklift certification).
: Must be able to read and follow written work instructions, able to use standard hand and power tools, able to calculate simple math, perform alpha-numeric data entry (ALL transactions are computerized), ability to stand on your feet, and possess a positive attitude/demeanor. Must be able to lift 50-75 lbs.